Sets by the Sea cancelled

Electronic music event Sets by the Seahas been cancelled.
Nanjing Night Net

The event was initially planned forBurnie on December 10, but permits were declined by the Burnie City Council.

Event organiser Andrew Joyce then moved the event to Devonport, which was set to take place on February 25.

He confirmed the cancellation on Wednesday due to factors including “personal issues”,artist issues and confirming event dates.

“We have not been able to fully secure the final line up that we were satisfied to deliver a premium product,” he said.

“We will be refunding everyone’s tickets.”

Mr Joyce said ticket provider Sticky Tickets would be able to issue refunds in seven days and refunds by patrons would take up to 48 hours to process once applied for.

But Mr Joyce said he was still working on bringing otherelectronic music events to Devonport.

“At the moment we are confirming other dates and festivals in the coming months,” he said.

Mr Joyce apologised for the cancellation.

“After the Burnie show was taken out from under us, we were very disappointed,” he said.

“We feel like we were harshly dealt by the Burnie Council.”

The Burnie cancellation forced the event to be moved to Devonport.

“The Devonport City Council have been nothing but amazing –nothing but praise to them and the support they have offered, I look forward to working with them in the future,” he said.

Mr Joyce announced onNovember 23 with the support of the Devonport City Council that the event would berelocatedto an area along the Mersey Bluff precinct.

A council spokesperson said the region would continue “to welcome applications from external event organisers such as Sets by the Sea, for major public events to be held in Devonport for the benefit and enjoyment of the community and local business”.

Sets by the Sea organiser Andrew Joyce. Picture: Cordell Richardson.

In October Burnie City Council Mayor Anita Dow explained whythe proposed music eventdid not go ahead in the designated areaat the Burnie waterfront.

“It is unfortunate that Sets by the Sea announced the event before any of the necessary permits and arrangements had been applied for or granted,” she said.

“We became aware of the event through its promotional material in late August and contacted the organisers immediately to discuss the event and have provided them with details of what is required in order for the necessary permissions to be in place well before the event date.”

Mr Joyce said he had been in contact with the Burnie City Council since December 2015.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Posted in 南京夜网